Michael Kerbs joined Reid & Hellyer in 1987 and has spent the entirety of his legal career with the firm. A partner with the firm, Michael specializes in business and real estate litigation as well as writs and appeals.
As the president of the Inland Empire’s third largest law firm, he oversees day-to-day operations and provides direction for the firm by fostering relationships with clients and encouraging the firm’s 20 attorneys to be involved in their community.
In his CEO Profile with the Press-Enterprise, he cited regional ties and employment longevity as two main factors in the attorneys he hires, ensuring Reid & Hellyer maintains an active community presence in the Inland Empire.
Michael is a graduate of the University of San Diego, obtaining his B.A. in 1984 and his J.D. in 1987, graduating Magna Cum Laude. While in law school, he was a member of the San Diego Law Review from 1986 to 1987.
A member of the Riverside County Bar Association, Micheal has given his time and talent to the local community, serving as a scoring attorney for the Riverside County Mock Trial Competition. Dedicated to his community, he is also a graduate of the Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce Leadership Riverside program, a 10-month leadership program for key regional issues throughout the Riverside area. He is also a member of the Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- Corporation Winding up and Dissolution
- Partnership Winding up and Dissolution
- Business Disputes
- Closely held companies and Family Business law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Mergers and Aquisitions Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employment Law-Management
- Product Liability Defense
- California, 1987
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1999
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Hearing Officer, Employment Panel, NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation)
- Board Member, Arbitrator and Mediator, Dispute Resolution Service, Inc. (Riverside County Bar Association)